Search This Blog

De Omnibus Dubitandum - Lux Veritas

Sunday, January 20, 2019

Holes in the Map

January 19, 2019 By E.M. Cadwaladr

When I was a boy, sometimes my parents would load the family into our old green Rambler and we’d just go for a drive. I don’t know anybody who “goes for drives” anymore, but it was not uncommon in the 1970s. Blame us for global warming if you want to – I cannot bring myself to care. Most of Ohio was pretty safe back then. There were plenty of things to see – small adventures scattered across the sea of green or yellow corn. My job on such trips, more honorary than necessary, was to navigate our travels by the map.

A map, if you happen to be too young to have ever seen a real one, was a huge sheet of paper printed colorfully with roads and points of interest marked by cryptic notes and tiny symbols. Pressing the tiny symbols with your finger did not connect you to anything. There were no web sites in those days. Telephones were solid and heavy devices, some wired securely to the wall at home. They linked to relatives rather than to computers.

You didn’t carry either the world’s wisdom or its idiotic opinions in your pocket. Your eyes and the sheet of paper were all you had to guide you on the road. If you wanted to know what was in Chillicothe, you had to drive to there to find out…………..Times change but human nature doesn’t. The internet has, to the extent to which the left controls it……….northeastern part of Columbus, Ohio used to be an unpretentious, unremarkable part of America…………It is now an unofficial colony of Somalia……..

I notice when I hear on the local news that a “refugee” has run his car into a group of students at Ohio State , then chased others down the street with a knife while shouting “Allahu Akbar!”

I notice when another “migrant,” a Muslim from Ghana, enters a restaurant owned by an Israeli and proceeds to hack at the customers with a machete.

America’s earlier minorities didn’t do these things. This is something new. I may be in Ohio, my dear Toto, but something tells me I’m not in my own country anymore. I’m in the middle of a pre-industrial, semi-literate, dystopian Islamic theme park. .............. Read more

No comments:

Post a Comment