I've watched with a bit of schadenfreude..... actually a large amount of. ..... schadenfreude at the leftist news people's discomfiture since the election, and the aggressive challenging behavior of conservative commentators toward their leftist colleagues.
Eric Bolling did an "I told you so segment" defending his view Trump was going to win saying he'd taken a lot of hits from everyone declaring he was in effect not too bright about the complexities of government and a neophyte to politics. One clip showed Juan Williams - pre-election- smugly smirking and shaking his head at Bolling for his views. Oh, how the worm has turned.
This week The Five had Kellyanne Conway on and one thing is clear - leftist news people are in trouble. The smug smirk from Juan Williams is gone replaced by a troubled confused look. Geraldo - a master of logical fallacies - looked on helplessly as he was called to task for saying Trump was elected primarily by white voters (and that's bad why?) by Eric Bolling as he PROVES minorities elected Trump. That smug arrogance was gone from Geraldo's face.
Now Trump is putting a team in place of amazingly competent experienced people in every position. Session isn't a racist even if thirty years ago he called a black attorney 'boy'. His record on this is abundantly clear, even prosecuting the son of a Klan leader for murdering - at random - a young black man and demanded the death penalty.
Watch Tucker Carlson rip a new one over this issue.
Trump has chosen Kansas Rep. Mike Pompeo as Director of the Central Intelligence Agency, and retired Lt. Gen. Mike Flynn for national security adviser.
The announcement that Trump has recruited Lt. Gen. Michael Flynn as national security adviser is particularly alarming to the left. He's been called brilliant, had a brilliant military career, "did an outstanding job in Iraq and Afghanistan. Five years ago, he was widely admired as the best intelligence officer of his generation"..... and knows the world very well, but he was fired from his last government job for incompetence." Fired for incompetence? Really?
During his fiery RNC speech, Flynn raised eyebrows for panning the “incompetence” of the administration that fired him and for painting the world as a tinderbox at a time when some national security and foreign policy experts say U.S. interests are relatively secure. “My message to you is very clear: Wake up America. There is no substitute for American leadership and exceptionalism,” Flynn said, almost screaming. “America should not fear our enemies.”
"He called Clinton a “clone” of Obama." It's claimed "many Republican and Democratic foreign policy specialists as a kook." "Colin Powell, former secretary of state, explained in hacked emails why Flynn was fired: “abusive with staff, didn’t listen, worked against policy, bad management.” Powell added that ever since, Flynn has been “right-wing nutty.”
It would appear telling the truth and sticking to your guns is incompetence in the intelligence services under Obama. Well that proves he's the man for the job. Know your friends by his enemies, and Colin Powell is a left wing disgrace.
"Yet he's been proven right Flynn was proved right on one important point: His argument that the Obama administration was too passive about Islamic militants after the killing of Osama bin Laden. But Flynn’s former fans have been bewildered at his raging denunciation of Islam, including calling it a “cancer.” In February, Flynn also tweeted and asked others to forward a viciously bigoted video that argued that there could be no such thing as Islamophobia."
Islamophobia? So fearing a mass religious movement that's committed to killing or enslaving anyone in the world who's not one of them is 'right wing nutty'? So read the entire article and then tell me what part of this hit piece about Flynn's views do you disagree with?
He's picked Reince Priebus as White House Chief of Staff, Steve Bannon as Chief Strategist and Senior Counselor to the President, and Rep. Mike Pompeo as Director of CIA. All being called ugly picks by the left wing media, some demanding 'diversity'. As one commentator ask yesterday - Name one conservative in Obama's administration?
What's really upsetting these people? They've lost the control over people's thoughts because the left wing media is now known as the propaganda machine for all things left, including the Democratic Party. Internet sites and blogs now supply the information the nation desires....and they can pick and choose from a wide assortment of sites.
Furthermore it must be an absolute shock to see a man they view as unfit to be moving so fast and so competently. He's reached out to everyone within the Republican Party and is choosing amazingly accomplished and competent people to fill important roles. And he's doing it in a New York minute.
So what's they reason for deciding he was unfit?
- Morally unfit? If they were conservative Christians or Jews that argument would hold water. The left is bereft of any morality so that can't be the reason.
- Not smart enough? No one has the nerve to say that.
- Not enough experience to run the country? Well, that claim was thrown up against Sarah Palin but she was governor of Alaska, so she had executive experience running a government. Obama was an Illinois State Senator from 1997 to 2004 and an U.S. Senator from 2005 to 2008. He never ran anything - ever! So that's another red herring fallacy from the left.
- How he made his money? The question everyone fails to ask is this: Would Hillary or Obama have a dime if they hadn't made their money on the backs of taxpayers? Could they have made it in the real world?
- He's corrupt? Well, in spite of agreeing to pay 25 million dollars over the Trump University fiasco, I can't find where he's been charged with a crime, or if so, convicted. New York Attorney General Eric Shneiderman, (made famous for he RICO style conspiracy between he, other States Attorneys General and left wing activists to sue Exxon Mobile and the Competitive Enterprise Institute for being against the Global Warming fraud) claims fraud... but as far as I can tell ...... he was never charged with a crime. So can anyone tell me what crimes he perpetrated on society? On the other hand Hillary's criminal activities have been well documented, and the Clinton Foundation has offices in New York state and Arkansas. Both Attorney's General have standing to prosecute the Clinton Foundation. If that happens at the state level do you want to guess whether or not Shneiderman will be a part of that? He's a political hack, so almost anything he says or promotes is questionable. He's a true heir of Elliot Spitzer.
Is it any wonder the left is going crazy? They have nothing to offer, except hate, greed, economic, racial and class envy, vitriol, pettiness and lies. But hey.....at least they're remaining true to themselves.