Search This Blog

De Omnibus Dubitandum - Lux Veritas

Monday, April 1, 2013

The Mann Chronicles: The Never Ending Story

Editor's note:  This was picked up from Steve Milloy's Junkscience.com.

Guest Post by Willis Eschenbach
People sometimes ask why I don’t publish in the so-called scientific journals. Here’s a little story about that. Back in 2004, Michael Mann wrote a mathematically naive piece about how to smooth the ends of time series. It was called “On smoothing potentially non-stationary climate time series“, and it was published in Geophysical Research Letters in April of 2004. When I read it, I couldn’t believe how bad it was. Here is his figure illustrating the problem:…To Read More….. http://wattsupwiththat.com/2013/03/30/dr-michael-mann-smooth-operator/

Stossel invited Mann to be a guest. Mann insulted Stossel in his refusal and now again.  Continue reading

“It’s because of this arrogance @MichaelEMann that I had an empty chair on my show last night.” Continue reading

In today’s The-Scientist pity-me piece, Michael Mann goes out of his way to assert is an “accidental” public figure. Why? Continue reading

No comments:

Post a Comment