Search This Blog

De Omnibus Dubitandum - Lux Veritas

Thursday, September 27, 2018

Feel the Bern: 'Yanqui come home'?

By Silvio Canto, Jr. September 27, 2018

Over the weekend, I spoke with a Venezuelan living in Virginia. He was in the Dallas area at a religious retreat. So I asked him the same question I've asked many others: "What about a U.S. intervention to remove Maduro?" His answer is the same as I've heard from others: "Everybody in Venezuela wants it to happen."

To be fair, I have not done a scientific survey, and I am speaking with anti-Maduro exiles living in the U.S. At the same time, Maduro is not that popular down there. I wouldn't be surprised if many Venezuelans living in the country agree with an intervention, too...........Venezuela is more than a failed state.  It is a disaster.  Venezuelans are hungry.  They are ill lacking medicine supplies.  The country cannot provide basic services, from electrical power to a police force.  Let's not forget that violence is rampant, in large part because the state has failed.........To Read More....

No comments:

Post a Comment