This morning the New York Times published an extraordinary, data-rich article examining the outcome of diversity efforts at colleges and universities from coast to coast. The results, quite frankly, are sobering.
After decades of affirmative action, billions of dollars invested in finding, mentoring, and recruiting minority students, and extraordinary levels of effort and experimentation, black and Hispanic students are “more underrepresented at the nation’s top colleges and universities than they were 35 years ago” (emphasis added). White and Asian students, on the other hand, remain overrepresented as a percentage of the population, with Asian students most overrepresented of all.
On the one hand, these statistics represent a staggering failure. It’s difficult to overstate the modern campus obsession with diversity............however, one wonders whether failure was inevitable. Not even the most aggressive of affirmative-action programs can find students who don’t exist.......Read more
My Take - There's a lot of leftist babble about racism and it's legacy in this article but I've posted it anyway because there's one incontrovertible fact represented here. Affirmative Action is a failure! Why? Because Affirmative Action is designed to promote those who are a failure as a society. Black America has a 70 percent illegitimacy rate. No one can fix a society that irresponsible. Who forced them into that irresponsible behavior? Whites? That's not even an argument leftists attempt to make. Blacks made that choice. How can any society be fixed if that society refuses to act in a way that promotes success? You can't.
My message to black America is this:
- Stop blaming everyone else for your failures
- No one can force you to be irresponsible, that's a personal choice
- Stop blaming America because if Black America was a country it would be the 15th richest country in the world
- Stop whining
- Fix yourself and everything else will fall into place
- Recognize "you" are the problem and "you" are the solution
- Get rid of this attitude of being a good student is "acting white". If that's what creates a successful life - then start acting white
- Learn how to read, write and do arithmetic
- Get a job
- Go to work everyday
- Go to work on time everyday
- Do your job without giving the boss five hundred pounds of attitude
- Don't steal from your boss
- Marry the woman before you make babies with her
- Stay with that woman
- Raise your children with that social ethic