Search This Blog

De Omnibus Dubitandum - Lux Veritas

Tuesday, February 28, 2017

A Federal Judge is Calling Out Justice Ginsburg for being Too Political

By Constitution.com February 27, 2017

Judge Laurence Silberman of the U.S. Court of Appeals for the D.C. Circuit wrote an opinion piece in the Wall Street Journal this weekend, criticizing his former colleague Ruth Bader Ginsburg for inappropriate interventions in political questions........His criticism is trained primarily on remarks Ginsburg made during last year’s general election, when she referred to President Donald Trump as a “faker” and mused about moving to New Zealand should he prevail. As of this writing, Justice Ginsburg is still in Washington.  “Her comments were as openly political as any justice has been in my memory — perhaps ever,” he wrote........To Read More....

My Take - The truth of the matter - or at least this is the way it seems to me is - she's losing it.  Me too.....I'm 70 and I'm noticing I've developed memory problems.  People who know me are generally amazed at my memory, so they laugh when I say that.  But I can tell I'm having problems and I can also tell it's getting worse.  Compared to most at my age, I'm not doing badly, but it's clear to me it's happening.  Ginsberg should never have been appointed in the first place.  As a former ACLU attorney she's consistently been "political" in her decisions, she was able to hide it.  But she's getting old and old people get stupid.   Perhaps stupid isn't the right word to describe what I think is happening.  When we get old we really don't care all that much for what others think.  When that happens our judgment gets side tracked.....then we get stupid.   It would appear she's going to be just like Thurgood Marshall who was almost drooling at the end. 

No comments:

Post a Comment