I keep hearing and seeing reports from leftist Democrat talking heads that Trump's transition is chaotic and a disgrace. Well, I didn't see any chaos - I did see a lot more openness and thoughtfulness than I expected, and what we all should have expected and didn't - Trump's willingness to reach out to well respected and competent people who were opponents - at times fierce opponents - during the campaign. And it turns out Ted Cruz and Marco Rubio are praising Trump's transition leadership.
So where's the chaos the left is talking about?
Perhaps the transition leadership they're thinking about is the next likely leader of the Democrat Party just praised Fidel Castro. No chaos there! Right?
Here's his picks as of December 1, 2016, and not one of them praised Fidel Castro. I can see why the Democrats are outraged.
- Attorney general - Sen. Jeff Sessions
- Director of the Central Intelligence Agency - Kansas Rep. Mike Pompeo
- White House national security adviser - Retired Lt. Gen. Mike Flynn
- Deputy national security adviser - K.T. McFarland Fox News analyst, official in the Reagan White House
- White House counsel - Donald McGahn
- Chief of staff - Reince Priebus Republican National Committee Chairman
- Chief strategist - Steve Bannon Former Breitbart News executive, Trump’s campaign CEO
- Ambassador to the United Nations -South Carolina Gov. Nikki Haley
- Education secretary - Betsy DeVos
- Transportation secretary - Elaine Chao, Former Labor Secretary, married to Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell.
- Treasury secretary - Steven Mnuchin of Goldman Sachs
- Health and Human Services secretary - Rep. Tom Price (R-Ga.)
- Commerce secretary - Wilbur Ross Billionaire investor
- Deputy Commerce Secretary - Todd Ricketts Co-owner of the Chicago Cubs
To Be Announced
- Secretary of State
- Secretary of Defense
- Interior secretary
- Agriculture secretary
- Labor secretary
- Housing and Urban Development secretary
- Energy secretary
- Veterans Affairs secretary
- Homeland Security secretary
- Environmental Protection Agency administrator
- Director of the Office of Management and Budget