Search This Blog

De Omnibus Dubitandum - Lux Veritas

Wednesday, August 21, 2013

The Coming Fall: How the Past Can Help Us See the Future

Written on Monday, August 19, 2013 by Adam Alexander

I majored in History in college. So far that choice has proven less than optimal for finding lucrative work, I admit, but I also find it gives me an interesting edge when it comes to ranting about politics. When I look at the current political climate, very little shocks me. You see, I know how the narrative of Barack Obama and his disciples ends. How, you ask? Simple: I’ve seen this one already.

There was an interesting commercial that ran a couple of years ago made by Citizens Against Government Waste (CAGW), a non-profit political activist organization. The commercial depicted a college classroom in China set in the year 2030. The brief plot implies (quite correctly, I fear) that by the year 2030, China will be the powerhouse of the world, and the U.S. will have taken a hard fall from its seat of power.
 
In the commercial, the professor asks his class “why do great nations fall?” He follows by saying that it is because they abandon the principles that makes them great…..

·         Egypt – c. 3100-332 B.C.:
·         Rome – 27 B.C. – 476 A.D. (Western Empire):  
·         The European Union – 1952:  
·         The United States of America – 1776:  Do you think we’re next? Let us know in the comments below.

This appeared here, and is a must read article.……


No comments:

Post a Comment