Search This Blog

De Omnibus Dubitandum - Lux Veritas

Saturday, August 29, 2020

NBA's Real Moral Center


By Rich Kozlovich

NBA players are outraged!  Racism must end!  They won't play until it does!

Okay, great, stay home, I won't even notice! I'm beginning to wonder just how many will really care?

They're paying a bunch of pampered cry babies obscene amounts of money to play a kid's game, and that's okay, because this is the world's foremost capitalist system.  But if they don't play, eventually no one will pay. Let's look at this.

Of course some of these players won't have to worry as they made many millions already, but for most of them, considering the spending habits of these spoiled egocentric brats, and the alternative skills most of them have:  Maybe they will let us know how dish washing works out for them? 
"Sixty percent of NBA players go broke within five years of departing the league. And 78 percent of former NFL players experience financial distress two years after retirement."
The fact is, I stopped watching sports over two years ago, all sports, including my beloved Browns, and guess what? I don't mind at all anymore. I don't know who the players are any longer.  I don't even know who the coaches are, and I don't even know who the quarterback is.  I have to look up to see who the owner is now, as I keep forgetting his name.  After the Browns left Cleveland I largely tuned out the NFL. When we got another team we called the Browns, I was glad, but I never really got back into the Browns or the NFL.

I was never much of a basketball fan, and I only got into the NBA when Cleveland was hot many years ago when Lennie Wilkins was the coach, who was always a class act.
Although Wilkens retired as a player in 1975, an even more impressive phase of his career was only beginning. Wilkens remained in Portland as head coach after retiring for one season. He returned to Seattle in 1977 as head coach. The Sonics had started the year 5–17, but when Wilkens took over, he crafted what many believed was a talentless squad into a tight unselfish squad that worked well as a team.
That was his great skill, taking decent talent and turning them into a "tight unselfish squad that worked well as as team", making "the team" a major talent.  That Cleveland team took the Bulls to all five games in the playoffs.  

But with the Lebron era, I was totally turned off.   Especially so when he spit on us as he left the first time.  Then when he "deigned" to return, and the fans groveled before him, I found that sickening.  From that point on I was done with the NBA entirely. Even when they had the playoffs here.

Here's the only reality we need to understand about the NBA players and their stand.  The NBA, including the players, supported China against the Hong Kong protestors, not to mention all the other outrages going on in China, because of a major financial arrangement for NBA games in China.

Big bucks, low social justice, low values, low morality, low integrity and a major high in hypocrisy, and in my opinion, the biggest hypocrite of them all is Lebron James. Here's one picture below highlighting that hypocrisy by the NBA, and here's a link to appropriate cartoons and more. 

Stay home Lebron! You don't need the money, and we don't need you!

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn%3AANd9GcQiwsaBFHF8OgCYI3tVAWlGsibcUfPWt5eZSg&usqp=CAU

No comments:

Post a Comment