Search This Blog

De Omnibus Dubitandum - Lux Veritas

Thursday, May 21, 2020

Remembering the Hill-Thomas story

May 20, 2020 By Silvio Canto, Jr.

On Monday night, our local PBS station showed "Created Equal.....Clarence Thomas in his own words."

It was a great documentary and I learned a few things about his early days and marriage. Like some of you, I recall the day that President Bush nominated him. I happened to be with my father that day and he seemed very happy with the choice. He told me that Thomas would make a great justice because he faced a lot of adverisity coming up in life. (On a personal note, "overcoming adversity" was a theme that my late father would always go back to. It made people tougher and better, he would say)

Then came Anita Hill and the documentary became very intense. It was interesting to watch then Senator Joe Biden and the late Senator Ted Kennedy sitting next to him. Am I the only person watching who thought that Biden made a fool of himself talking about "natural law"? Clarence Thomas couldn't understand what he was saying either.

Two things really struck me about the documentary:............Read more

No comments:

Post a Comment