Search This Blog

De Omnibus Dubitandum - Lux Veritas

Tuesday, July 26, 2016

China Bans Internet News Reporting as Media Crackdown Widens

Bloomberg News

China’s top internet regulator ordered major online companies including Sina Corp. and Tencent Holdings Ltd. to stop original news reporting, the latest effort by the government to tighten its grip over the country’s web and information industries.  The Cyberspace Administration of China imposed the ban on several major news portals, including Sohu.com Inc. and NetEase Inc., Chinese media reported in identically worded articles citing an unidentified official from the agency’s Beijing office. The companies have “seriously violated” internet regulations by carrying plenty of news content obtained through original reporting, causing “huge negative effects,” according to a report that appeared in The Paper on Sunday......To Read More....

My Take - This started many months ago.  For years I had very few hits on P and D from China.  Then about two years ago they started hitting this blog so massively they soared to number two on the top ten list, and if that trend had continued they would have been so far ahead of the rest there would have been no catching up.  Then.....it stopped.  I doubt if I get ten hits a week now, and some weeks none at all.  I guess I should consider that a compliment.  If their government doesn't like what I'm saying - I must be doing something right!

No comments:

Post a Comment