Search This Blog

De Omnibus Dubitandum - Lux Veritas

Friday, May 17, 2013

Eric Holder’s abdication

Dana Milbank, May 16, 2013 12:21 AM EDT
As the nation’s top law enforcement official, Eric Holder is privy to all kinds of sensitive information. But he seems to be proud of how little he knows.  Why didn’t his Justice Department inform the Associated Press, as the law requires, before pawing through reporters’ phone records?  
“I do not know,” the attorney general told the House Judiciary Committee on Wednesday afternoon, “why that was or was not done. I simply don’t have a factual basis to answer that question.”  Why didn’t the DOJ seek the AP’s cooperation, as the law also requires, before issuing subpoenas?  “I don’t know what happened there,” Holder replied. “I was recused from the case.”  Why, asked the committee’s chairman, Rep. Bob Goodlatte (R-Va.), was the whole matter handled in a manner that appears “contrary to the law and standard procedure”?  “I don’t have a factual basis to answer the questions that you have asked, because I was recused,” “I don’t know. I don’t know. ... "I would not want to reveal what I know". ... I don’t know why that didn’t happen. ... I know nothing, so I’m not in a position really to answer.” “….I was not the person involved in that decision.”  “I don’t know.” “I’m not sure.” “I don’t know, because, as I said, I recused myself.”…To Read More….

No comments:

Post a Comment