Search This Blog

De Omnibus Dubitandum - Lux Veritas

Tuesday, May 7, 2013

A pox on politicians

'Neither side regards reduced spending as a virtue'
Until I read Amity Shlaes’ tribute to Calvin Coolidge, I had assumed that Ronald Reagan was the last true fiscal conservative we’ve had in the White House. Well, it seems I only missed by 60 years. I was aware that Reagan had lowered the marginal tax rate from 70 to 28 percent, but I hadn’t been aware that federal spending increased by 40 percent during his eight years in office. In other words, both parties want to increase the number of dollars flowing into Washington. Where they differ is in which way they believe the larger amount will accrue, be it from raising or lowering tax rates. Alas, neither side regards reduced spending as a virtue.
I believe this country is in deep doo-doo. But I believe that Obama is the result of the national malaise and not entirely the cause, as some would insist. After all, with reporters working as enablers of all things left-wing, with professors indoctrinating students with communist swill and with the majority of Americans casting votes for any swine who promises them freebies, I am not convinced that things would be a lot better with someone else in the Oval Office…..To Read More…..

No comments:

Post a Comment