Search This Blog

De Omnibus Dubitandum - Lux Veritas

Sunday, January 20, 2019

An open letter to Gillette from Godfrey Elfwick

‘In order to get through to the majority of men, you need to really talk down to them’
 
 
Dear Gillette,

I watched your latest advert and I must say, it’s a good start. However, I have concerns that it wasn’t patronizing enough. In order to get through to the majority of men, you need to really talk down to them, treat them as if they were tiny children, incapable of understanding the world around them. Only then will you gain their trust and respect.

To this end, I have taken the liberty of writing the outline for your next advert and I am willing to be featured in it (I will send you an invoice along with my PayPal details).

Gillette Advert – Men Are Awful (working title)

We open on a group of adult men playing some sport or other, Basketsoccer or whatever it is they do. In the corner we see a six-year-old girl looking vulnerable but also brave and defiant. The men begin to jeer at her, calling her horrible names (you’ll probably have to bleep most of them out to be honest). One of the men picks up the Basketsoccer ball and bounces it through the goalhoop, shouting ‘You can’t do this because you’re just a stupid SISSY GIRL!’ A few of them spit at her and another one takes off his shoe and throws it at her face. We see it bounce off her delicate but empowered forehead and the men collapse into cruel hysterics, patting each other on the back as they take it in turns to flip the bird at her.............

Please let me know when you intend to begin filming as I have several End Capitalism protests to attend in the next few months.

Godfrey

To Read More......

My Take - So that everyone is on the same page....this is a satire piece. 

No comments:

Post a Comment