- At least 160 people in New York have been infected with measles
- One in 20 children that get the highly-contagious virus develop pneumonia, and one to two per 1,000 die
- The disease can only be prevented by vaccination
- Over 90 percent of babies in the US are vaccinated
- But people of certain religions and ideologies sometimes refuse to get their children vacccinated
- In New York, the infection is spreading primarily among Orthodox Jewish communities in Brooklyn and Rockland County
Cases of measles have reached a 20-year high in several New York counties amid an outbreak that threatens to reach epidemic proportions, experts say. At least 160 people have been infected by the virus, which typically strikes children, in New York and unusual outbreaks have been reported internationally. The worst affected areas so far are Rockland County - where 105 cases have been reported - and an Orthodox Jewish neighborhood in Brooklyn, where at least 55 have been infected. Meanwhile, 25 other states have reported outbreaks, with numbers climbing particularly high in Oregon and Washington...........To Read More.....
My Take - And we can thank these leftist Hollywood loons like Jenny McCarthy, Oprah Winfrey and Jim Carrey for a lot of this. In what seems to me to be an apparent attempt to downplay the impact celebrities had on this problem the article points to those with religious convictions. But in much of these cases, it was the decison of parents to not get vaccinations for their children based on these leftist loons and their claims that the vaccinations cause autism. Now, my questions are these:
- Who will answer for the poor children who become afflicted with measles?
- Who will answer for the the side effects of that disease?
- Who will answer for those children who die as a result of the decision by their parents thinking they were protecting their health?
What kind of agony must these parents be going through?