Search This Blog

De Omnibus Dubitandum - Lux Veritas

Tuesday, January 22, 2019

The GOP Finally Has a Fighting General

And, despite what George Will says, Trump is winning.

January 21, 2019 David Catron

In November, 1863, the New York Herald reported that a temperance committee had asked President Lincoln to dismiss Ulysses S. Grant. They told him the general was an imbiber of strong spirits, to which Lincoln replied: “I wish you would tell me the brand of Whiskey Grant drinks. I would like to send a barrel to my other generals.” This story is probably apocryphal, but it captures the contempt with which the socially awkward Grant was viewed by the eastern establishment. This came to mind when I read the following about President Trump by a little old lady named George Will:

No comments:

Post a Comment